I wonder how, I wonder why, yesterday you told me about the blue blue sky and all I can see is just a yellow lemon tree.
I'm sure you must have heard the lyrics of the song above by Fool's Garden before. It was the rave in 1990s so much so that there was even a Chinese version on it. At this point of time, I'm visualising how a yellow lemon tree would look like. It must have looked very sunshine. I love sunshine :) It reminds me of bright, cheery days, something that brings lots of cheer especially with the bright sunny love.
New Year's day had passed and so did Chinese New Year or rather, Chinese New Year just began. We are STILL into Chinese New Year. And now we are into the 2nd month of the year for Little Thumbs Up, organized by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of my little favourite DIY. The theme that I have chosen for this month is Lemon.
Before we dash into our baking/cooking mode, I'm sure you would want to know what are the health properties of cooking or baking with lemon.
Further, below are the health facts about lemons that you probably may or may not know about:
- safe acne treatment
- calming effect for the nerves which may help to remove fatigue, dizziness, exhaustion, anxiety, nervousness and tension.
- increases concentration and alertness
- heals cankers or sores by gargling your mouth with lemon juice mixed with lukewarm water
- subsides fever or chills by adding lemon juice in a cup of hot water together with honey for every 2 hours
- cures corns and calluses by placing a slice of lemon on your corn and bandage it or dabbing the affected area with lemon essential oil to speed the healing process
- ease skin infections like eczema by using a lemon wrap by adding 8 drops of lemon essential oil to a cup of lukewarm water and a tbsp of honey
- fights fatigue when you suck or drink lemon juice for instant refreshment
- freshens breath as a result of alcohol, cigarettes or consumption of certain spices
- heals hypertension together with the use of onions and garlic
- repel insects
- promotes sleep
- eases rheumatism by acting as a natural agent against excessive acid
- saves your stomach by stimulating the production of stomach acid and activity of stomach muscles
- helps to fight against varicose veins and spider veins
Having known all the health benefits of lemons, are you already itching to bake or cook away? If yes, please begin!!
The post should also include a picture of a Thumbs Up sign with your own photo or using the Little Thumbs Up badge above. To find out more details on Little Thumbs Up, please click here.