Nuffnang

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Marbled butter cookies

Oh no!!! Chinese New Year is just next week? No, you mean this coming week?? Where has all the time gone? I have yet to bake this, that and that. With so little time left, I realised I need to make a strategic decision. That is to bake one more last cookie for Chinese New Year. Haha!!

Then I asked the sister if she wants to eat butter cookies. She said yes please even if she's on a diet. So you probably have an idea how good these cookies are. 

This time, I've decided to make a slight twist to these cookies after seeing some inspiration. The butter cookie recipe is not something new I've baked. You can see my earlier recipe from here.

However, this time, I've decided to make the butter cookies marbled with addition of some cocoa. Oohh I love it when cocoa is added. Suddenly I thought of oreo cookies. Ok that would be another post sometime later this year :) Yes, I'll definitely be making them for sure so stay tuned ;)

Let's focus on our marbled butter cookies.

This time, I've made the batter in two batches. One batch which is the usual butter cookie batter. The other batch is one where I sifted 20g cocoa powder together with the potato starch and plain flour. 

Take note that this cookie batter is really quite soft. I think some people would roll it up with plastic wrap and then let it firm up in the fridge for sometime before baking. My preference is to immediately bake the cookie to get that melt in the mouth texture.

Here's the trick for marbled cookies. I used 1/2 tsp butter cookie batter and 1/2 tsp cocoa cookie batter and combine them together to form a cookie each. You can use any kind of combinations to create different marbled looks as long as the proportion is even so that your cookie would be 1 tbsp each to ensure even baking throughout.


Amidst the baking, I dropped several cookies on the floor in my haste. Literally, the floor were visibly butter crumbles. This is definitely evidence of a melt-in-the-mouth texture even without tasting. Haha!!

Have fun with different marbled looks :) Psst, this is the time to utilise child labour if you have any on hand :P

I'm submitting this post to Cook and Celebrate: CNY 2015 organised by Yen from Eat your heart out, Diana from Domestic Goddess Wannabe and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids


I'm also submitting this post to Best Recipes For Everyone Jan & Feb 2015 hosted by Fion of Xuanhom's Mom and co-host Victoria Bakes.


I'm also submitting this post to My Treasured Recipes #5 - Chinese New Year Goodies (Jan/Feb 2015) hosted by Miss B of Everybody eats well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.

I'm submitting this to Little Thumbs Up - February 2015 organized by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of my little favourite DIY and Grace of Life can be Simple.

                                   


1 comment:

H&H Foods said...

Great recipe, thanks for the share.
Home Made Oats Cookies