Nuffnang

Monday, August 24, 2015

Miso Chicken

While looking for inspiration for dinner, I stumbled across this recipe from Yotam Ottolenghi. It was so simple to lure me. Just his mere words "Marinating chicken in miso adds lots of character to the meat with little work" and I was sold.
 
If you think I'm too easily sold, then you should try this and give me your comments on it ;) I'm convinced this is better than your usual roast chicken for sure.
 
This recipe is from The Guardian magazine 9 April 2011.
 
Ingredients:
 
150g sweet miso paste (I used the regular miso paste I could find in the supermarket)
2 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp English mustard
2 tbsp caster sugar (I used brown sugar instead of caster)
1 tbsp lemon juice (I used the juice of a whole lemon)
12 free range boneless chicken thighs, skin on (I used a whole chicken)
 
Method:
  1. In a bowl, mix the miso, mirin, sugar and lemon juice together.
  2. Add the chicken and rub in the marinade.
  3. Cover with clingflim and marinate for at least an hour.
  4. Set oven to 190 180 degrees celsius.
  5. Lay the thighs well apart on a baking tray and roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until well cooked and skin golden brown. I roasted the whole chicken for about 1.5 hours and turning it each side about half hour.
I told you this recipe is super easy right? Just a mere 3 steps and you are done!



If you are a lover of roasted chicken, you will love this miso chicken. It really does the meat a bit more character than usual. I love this. For dinner. So does Mr G. He has been really silent on this. I always take his silence as his way of nodding ;)
 
I'm submitting this post to I Heart Cooking Clubs for our August Potluck.
 
 

I'm submitting this post to Cook-Your-Books#26 organized by Joyce of kitchenflavours.
 photo 77951578-1914-4b72-8eda-9e40a91183ac_zps331eb4b4.jpg

 
    Link up your recipe of the week

No comments: