Nuffnang

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Green beans with Mushrooms and Shallots

This week is about making side dishes that we fancy. I thought of making a side dish that is healthy. Erm, not that Ellie's other dishes aren't healthy. I just happen to favour green beans :P
 
In any case, I added cauliflower too as I had a head of them waiting in the fridge for me. This recipe is from Ellie's The Food You Crave: Luscious Recipes for a Healthy Life.
 
Ingredients:
 
1 pound green beans
1 tbsp water
2 tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup sliced shallots (about 2 medium)
3/4 pound assorted fresh mushrooms, (ie: button, baby bella, shiitake, oyster, chanterelle), sliced
salt
freshly ground pepper
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
 
Method:
  1. Put green beans in a microwave-safe bowl with the water. Cover tightly and microwave on high for 4 minutes. Carefully remove the cover, drain in a colander, shaking off any excess water, and set aside. I boiled the green beans and cauliflower instead of using the microwave.
  2. While the beans are cooking, heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet.
  3. Add the shallots and cook, stirring, until softened slightly, about 2 minutes.
  4. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until the water they release has evaporated and they begin to brown, about 10 minutes.
  5. Add the green beans and cauliflower and stir to combine and rewarm.
  6. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
 
I'm submitting this post to I Heart Cooking Clubs - sensational sides.
 
 
I'm also submitting this post to Cook-Your-Books#28 organized by Joyce of kitchenflavours.
 
 photo 77951578-1914-4b72-8eda-9e40a91183ac_zps331eb4b4.jpg
 
I'm also submitting this post to Alphabakes November 2015 hosted by Caroline of Caroline Makes and Ros of The more than occasional baker.
 


No comments: